On Saturday morning I plan to do two things. First, I will write the final draft of the Sunday sermon from Romans 1:16-17. Will you pray for me? Second, I will pray for Grace Community Church and one other congregation in our city. Will you join me in these weekend prayers?
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to use the Book of Romans to bring new people to faith and to strengthen the faith of believers (Romans 16:25).
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to build the faith of people in our congregation as we prayerfully read the Bible and memorize Ephesians this year (Ephesians 3:14-19).
- Pray that the adult discipleship classes, community groups, and small groups at Grace will be opportunities for mutual encouragement in the faith (Romans 1:11-12).
- Pray that the children of Grace will continue to mature in their understanding of God and the gospel, leading to faith in Christ and full devotion to him (Romans 10:8-10).
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will work in the young people at Grace, that they will walk in the Lordship of Christ (Romans 10:13).
- Pray for the unity of our congregation around the gospel of Christ and the glory of God (Romans 11:33-36, 16:25-27).
- Pray that Romans 6 will instruct us in how to live in our bodies by the power of the cross of the resurrection of Christ.
- Pray that Romans 8 will give us hope in the love of God, by the Spirit of God, about the future we will share with Christ in glory.
- Pray that Romans 12 will guide the way we live in this world.
- Pray for the members of Grace who live abroad that they will be built up in faith through our prayers and the message of Romans (Romans 15:30).
I look forward to praying with you Sunday.