B FOR BOUNTIFUL: GOD IS MORE THAN ENOUGH TO SATISFY ALL OUR DESIRES.
“I will sing to the LORD, because he has dealt bountifully with me.” – Psalm 13:6
Read Mark 8:1-8:
- How was Jesus able to provide enough food to feed so many people? (He is God. Nothing is too hard for Him.)
- Did Jesus provide them with just enough food or more than enough? How do we know that He provided more than enough? (They were satisfied, and there were leftovers.)
- Why did Jesus provide the people with more than enough? Why not give them just enough–no leftovers? What might Jesus have wanted to show them about who He is and what He is like?…
Read Psalm 13:6:
- “Bountifully” means to be given more than enough. God deals bountifully with His people by giving them more than enough to satisfy them.
- God is able to do this because He is bountiful…God is more than enough to satisfy all our desires.
Read John 4:14:
- A spring is a source of water that comes up from the ground all by itself. The water just keeps coming. It doesn’t stop or turn off. It is like a fountain that never runs out of water.
- How is Jesus like a spring of water? What is He able to give His people? (complete forgiveness, eternal life, joy forever)
- God is more than enough to make us happy forever. He can satisfy us with more happiness than we can even imagine.