I have returned from Eastern Europe where I spent several days with friends, pastors and church planters. Thank you for praying for me. How encouraging it was to see the good news of Jesus being communicated so clearly and received by so many. To see these believers joyfully gathered in congregations is a powerful reminder of God’s gracious plan for the nations. I came home once again grateful for God’s work here in our city and committed to serving with you in that work.
You’ll remember that, at the Future Grace opening presentation, I encouraged every member and regular attender at our church to engage in the process. Here is where we are in that process.
We’re praying. The Future Grace prayer guide has us praying through the book of Ephesians. This Sunday’s sermon will be on prayer and the glory of God. If you haven’t already joined us in prayer, you can download the prayer guide.
We’re approaching the week of decision about what to give. Here are some very practical steps to help guide you through this decision-making season:
1. Attend the Q&A session this Sunday, September 16, at 5:30 pm. In this session we will discuss how you can discern and decide what to give.
2. Read the Future Grace brochure. Everything you need to know about the vision, mission, opportunity, and plan for this giving campaign and building project is in the brochure. I am asking you to read every word.
Look specifically at the Campaign Giving Principles, How Do I Decide What to Give, and Your Household Decision Time sections of the brochure. You can pick up a brochure in the Gathering Hall Sunday, or visit the Future Grace website for information.
3. Listen to the Future Grace opening presentation that was given on August 26.
4. Watch the testimonies on the Future Grace website. Members of Grace share their thoughts on the history and future of our church. You will find these testimonies encouraging.
5. Hold your Household Decision Time. September 17-22 is the week we are asking everyone to decide how they will give to Future Grace. This guide will help you.
6. Decide to give. On September 23, we are asking everyone to give an offering and make a three-year pledge to Future Grace. We have provided a pledge card in your campaign packet, and they will be available in the Gathering Hall on Sunday. However you plan to give, we are asking everyone to use the offering and pledge card for recording purposes.
7. Trust God. Friends, let’s walk by faith. We are in a season of opportunity at Grace that is calling us to give sacrificially. This season will include some tension as we decide what to give, but it should be a time of joy as we participate in the future ministry of our church. This season will require each of us to contribute, but we know that we are not burdened with a task for which God will not provide.
My prayer is that you and I will be at peace.
I will write to you again next week before we take the offering and pledge on September 23. I am praying for you.